- Pool Prices
- Pool Photos
- Pool Designs
- Extra Options
- About Platinum Pools
- Service Department
- Contact Us
CONGRATULATIONS! YOU’VE MADE THE DECISION!
And it’s a big decision – you’re going to buy a swimming pool! Now comes the fun part: choosing a pool builder. This can be an exciting time for you and your family, provided you make the right choice. That’s what this brochure is all about: how to recognize and choose a professional pool builder.
So, before you achieve the “American Dream” of owning your own swimming pool, you should read this brochure carefully, ask yourself some important questions, and review the enclosed Contractor’s Qualifications Supplement with all the builders you choose to interview.
CONTRACTOR’S QUALIFICATIONS SUPPLEMENT
1. Pool Builder’s Showroom Address
2. Pool Builder’s length of time in business under PRESENT name
3. Had the pool builder, partners, owners, or officers ever filed for bankruptcy? — Yes — No
If so, when and under what name?
4. What bank does the pool builder do business with?
5. Will my checks be made out to a business account or a personal account?
6. Who is the pool builder’s insurance company?
For general liability?
For personal liability?
What are the limits for both?
7. Are the pool builder’s subcontractors covered by general liability insurance? — Yes — No
8. Does the pool builder have a good rating with Dunn & Bradstreet? — Yes — No
9. Will the pool builder’s insurance company provide me with certificates of insurance? — Yes — No
Please provide name and phone number
10. Does the pool builder belong to a trade association or business organization? — Yes — No
11. Please provide the names and phone numbers of three suppliers you have done business with for at least two (2) years:
12. Does the pool builder provide lien waivers from vendors and subcontractors? — Yes — No
13. Will the pool builder provide a list of everyone who has lien rights on the pool? — Yes — No
14. Does the pool builder agree to build the pool to meet or exceed the NSPI/ANSI Standards? — Yes — No
Then have the pool builder sign the form, along with your signature and the date.
Why answer these questions? More explanation can be found here.
If you would like an estimate, Contact Us Online or call one of our local offices.