• Disco balls, 70s style flowers, and peace signs are a must on everything from invitations to the cake!
• Encourage guests to wear hippie/disco clothes over their swimming suits.
• Crank up the disco tunes. Try some different playlists.
• Pass out John Lennon/Elton John style glasses along with party favors.
• Make a tie-dye cake by separating the batter and mixing in food coloring. Carefully pour the batter into baking dishes as you normally would, but don’t mix up the colors! Cover with orange frosting and lots of brightly colored sprinkles.
• For older kids, cheese fondue is the way to go. It’s fun and easy and makes them feel all grown up—all while letting the spirit of the 70s live on.
• Try serving food on a low to the ground table and have guests sit on outdoor pillows.
• Do the hustle—in the pool!
• Other pool games and pool toys are a great way to turn up the fun.
• Have a dancing contest.
• You can dance, you can jive having the time of your life, but remember to observe pool safety rules while celebrating. Whether you’re a brother or whether you’re a mother “Stayin’ Alive” is the name of the game!