Your swimming pool is the best feature of your home. Over time, a pool deck can get cracks, stains, or can get ugly from years of exposure to weather elements.
Limestone overlays can convert your oasis into an extraordinary area. Imagine a custom designed stone surface in your backyard pool area, lime coat decking is durable, has beautiful textures, colors, is slip-resistant and is cooler than bare concrete or pea gravel. With lime coat, there is no messy tear-out needed to transform your backyard pool deck and patio into a lovely outdoor living area.
There are new coating and overlay options, but the quality of some of these newer options doesn’t always compare to the likes of lime coating. Every project is custom-made, performed by trained professionals. The installation is troweled, carved, colored, and grouted to give a look and feel of real stone. There is no required stencils or tapes to create a floor pattern. Also, the application goes from 1/4″ to 3/8″ thick so there are no elevation concerns since LimeCoat can go on virtually any stable surface.
What is Lime Coating?
Lime coating is a resurfacing treatment using a blend of limestone, crushed quartz, cement, and polymers that enhances brick, concrete, walls, and other surfaces. In other words, it gives an appearance and luxury of real stone.
- Treating the Cracks – Cut open any existing cracks that can work as a pattern or treated to be covered by the lime coat overlay.
- Abrading – It’s vital to do a mechanical abrading when needed to ensure a proper bond. Using a 4200-psi pressure washer will clean the surface thoroughly. Once cleaned, the surface is ready to receive a layer of lime coat.
- Apply the Lime Coat – Apply a layer onto the surface to create a bond. Once it’s ready, the coat is troweled and carved to the desired pattern.
- Coloring – The process of coloring the stones happens when the layer is completely dry. The process requires a natural mineral Texture Coat Color and Grout Sealer to give the natural stone effect.
- The Finishing Touch – Apply oxide pigment, followed by the first layer of solvent-based acrylic sealer. Apply the grout and give a final coat of the sealer.
Advantages of Lime Coating
• Lime coat is an excellent application for patio resurfacing needs.
• It will enhance and improve your backyard area by giving a deep vibrant appearance of natural stone.
• It is a non-skid surface.
• It provides a safety measure for your family and friends.
• It is more durable than concrete.
• It can withstand the elements in a far superior manner.
• It stays cool to the touch.
• Lime coating can go directly to an existing surface.
Remember, each lime coat project is unique, and it will add value to your property as it beautifies your oasis and a curb appeal. Platinum Pools has a variety of pool decking options, including lime coat. Call us at 281.870.1600 or visit our offices in Houston, Beaumont or Victoria. Our staff is ready to make your dreams into reality.