Most homeowners prefer to invest in outdoor furniture that is durable and weather resistant. So before spending your hard-earned money, familiarize yourself with the advantages and disadvantages of varying garden furniture.
Aluminum Outdoor Patio Furniture
Aluminum is one of the most beautiful materials for outdoor furniture. It makes it an excellent choice for outdoor use for its versatility, durability, and affordability.
Many people confuse aluminum with steel, but there is a subtle difference between them. Steel is less durable because it rusts over time. On the other hand, aluminum is resistant to rust and weather conditions. Another advantage is that aluminum is lightweight, so almost anyone can quickly transport the furniture from the terrace to the garden or vice versa.
However, the low weight also has some disadvantages. For example, a strong wind can easily knock over the furniture. It will not break your furniture, but it can cause dents that will make it unsightly.
- Powder-coated and painted aluminum will not rust, which is a big plus if you place it outdoors, making it resistant to rain, hail, or snow.
- Furniture made of aluminum is relatively inexpensive: affordability paired with attractiveness.
- The light weight allows you to move the furniture around at will.
- The recyclable material allows reuse and upgrades as needed.
- Aluminum may not perform well in high winds. It can easily tip over, causing dents and bending.
- Damaged aluminum requires repair or full replacement.
Wrought Iron Outdoor Patio Furniture
Wrought iron furniture is popular because it is solid, heavy, and resistant to frequent falls from wind and storms. So, homeowners can place them outdoors without worrying about rain storms or wind damaging their wrought iron furniture.
One of the main advantages of this furniture is its attractive and esthetically pleasing design. Anyone interested in trendy styles will love the eye-catching look of wrought iron furniture. Manufacturers use various methods to enhance the beauty of this furniture, from swirls to floral arrangements. Moreover, this type of furniture requires little maintenance. It is enough to dust it once a week. However, it may rust over time because, at the end of the day, it is “iron.”
Apply a wax or sealer every year to avoid rust on wrought iron. It ensures the furniture withstands the elements and maintains its appearance. It requires proper care despite being very expensive.
- The timeless wrought iron design makes it an evergreen piece of furniture for the patio and garden.
- Wrought iron is sturdy and does not blow in high winds, avoiding bending and breaking.
- It is the perfect choice for homeowners who want to upgrade their patio – and are happy to pay a hefty price.
- Enhance the beauty of wrought iron furniture with granite tiles or glass, giving a sophisticated look.
- Embellish wrought iron furniture with pretty pillows enhance the furniture’s esthetics and gives a practical option for comfort.
- Wrought iron furniture is high maintenance and needs to be waxed and sealed to keep it in shape. Otherwise, it will rust and look unsightly.
- It is common for homeowners to find wrought iron furniture with cracks, requiring additional care to repair the furniture.
- The durability and versatility of wrought iron furniture make it expensive outdoor furniture.
- The furniture gets incredibly hot during the hot summer days, making it difficult to use.
- Since wrought iron furniture is heavy, moving it from one place to another is difficult.
Stainless Steel Outdoor Patio Furniture
Wind-resistant, durable, stainless-steel furniture is ideal for outdoor living spaces. Anyone who frequently sits outside in the summer should consider purchasing such furniture.
The low-grade stainless-steel furniture is powder coated to prevent corrosion. However, it would help if you also cared for it to protect it from rust. Besides, it would be best to cover the furniture in winter and not use it in summer.
Homeowners can always put the furniture inside when they are not in use. Putting the furniture in the garage or under a shady place outside will extend the garden furniture’s life. In addition, you need to do little to maintain their appearance.
- Stainless steel furniture is reliable and durable.
- The sturdy stainless-steel furniture is resistant to wind.
- Stainless steel furniture is a valuable investment.
- Stainless steel offers a modern look. It is the best choice to preserve the beauty of a backyard.
- It requires occasional cleaning.
- Various color options and designs are available.
- Stainless steel furniture is not UV-resistant outdoor furniture. The color fades over time when painted in lighter shades. So, you may need to repaint them frequently.
- Cracks in the furniture can lead to rust.
Keep in mind that these types of furniture require maintenance. Any type of rust can get to a swimming pool, causing contamination stains.