What’s better than spending quality time with your friends? Spending it by the pool of course! November in Houston is the perfect time of year to throw an outdoor poolside party. Depending if Houston wants to play nice, November weather tends to be mild and ideal for an evening dinner party. Here are some great ideas on how to wow your guests at your next Friendsgiving dinner. So, grab your finest light jacket, fancy pants and invite your friends over for a non-traditional, fun poolside Friendsgiving party!
First Things First, No Swimming!
This should be easy enough, but you never know who might show up in their bathing suit. Let your guests know ahead of time that the party will be hosted outdoors, and not in the pool. We all know Houstonians break out their jackets and sweaters once it hits anything below 60 degrees. You’re technically saving your guests from hypothermia. They’ll thank you later.
Wow Your Guests with DIY Decorations
It’s not a Friendsgiving or Thanksgiving without pumpkins! Decorate the table, find some fancy lighting, and set the mood! Use your pool and outdoor living space to its fullest potential. Make your friends jealous and want to buy a pool. We can help with that!
- DIY Centerpieces that are sure to WOW your guests.
- Illuminate Your Pool with these fun Floating Pool Noodle Luminaries
- Set the table right with this quick Table Setting Etiquette Guide
- Fancy Pumpkin displays.
- Mason Jars are super hip. Be hip.
Who Doesn’t Love a Potluck
The great thing about Friendsgiving is that there doesn’t need to be a dry, stress inducing, turkey. Blow your guests away with a less traditional menu, and get creative! If you’re hosting we do suggest something hearty, with lots of protein! It’s not a Friendsgiving feast unless everyone has a food coma.
- A beautiful Golden Ham is a great alternative to turkey
- Pork Belly is in. Who doesn’t like crispy skin?
- Well if you’re going to do Turkey , at least make it interesting
- Cornbread Stuffed Pork Chops. Enough said
It’s time to relax, laugh, and have a little fun! Stay classy with your friends this Thanksgiving season. These refreshments will be perfect to pair with the crisp fall weather and compliment your Friendsgiving feast!
- A spiced and layered twist on a tradition Apple Cider
- “Pair” this Asian Pear Sparkler with any pork dish for a blissful treat
- Quench your thirst with a bowl of Sparkling Cran-Raspberry Punch
- End the meal with a deliciously sweet Coffee-Cinnamon Horchata
Friendsgiving is about spending time with your second family. A time to laugh, share memories, and be thankful for the friendships that help keep you sane. Remember to have fun, be responsible, and eat until you need to unbutton your fancy pants!