Imagine enjoying the view inside the pool, or from the outside? The oasis becomes an experience for the senses. It creates a surreal scene, challenging the perception of space and gravity. Adding acrylic walls to a swimming pool becomes a key element of the design. The floating swimming pool is one of the latest attractions in a Downtown Houston luxury apartment building. Not only do residents enjoy swimming in it but those who walk in the area enjoy its beauty as well.
While some luxury apartments and hotels have floating pools with acrylic walls, it does not mean that the pool of your dreams is not within your reach. In 2019, some of our customers requested an acrylic wall to be added one of the sides of their swimming pools. One project has it as an infinity edge, while another project has it to get some extra light during the day.
What is an Acrylic Wall?
Acrylic, also known as plexiglass, is a man-made material like polycarbonate. Invented in 1928, the Rohm and Haas company first marketed the product in 1933. The United States used acrylic for periscopes and binoculars in WWII.
The New Trend
Acrylic wall pools are one of the latest trends in exterior design. It gives an attractive and original effect. It is perfect for decorating a front or back porch, a terrace, or a garden.
The construction of swimming pools with acrylic materials is fashionable. Like in all materials, quality matters. Keep in mind to hire a professional to do the installation to help to avoid any leakage or breakage.
Advantages of Including an Acrylic Panel to Your Swimming Pool
If you selected an acrylic wall for your pool, then congratulations are in order. You are ready to transform your backyard into the ultimate room in your home. Let us tell you some of the advantages of getting an acrylic wall on your pool:
- Elegant and Minimalist – One of the assets of having acrylic on your swimming pool is its design. It gives a different and striking aesthetic. A transparent wall is not only elegant but also provides a minimalist effect.
- High Impact Resistance – Acrylic is one of the sturdiest materials for pool construction. Besides being resistant to any impact, it resists to extreme mechanical stresses. Acrylic is also perfect for retaining large amounts of water.
- Durability – Acrylic is a material that lasts from 10 to 15 years.
- Lightweight and Moldable Structure – Compared to glass, this material is light, being only heavier than water. Also, it is very moldable and allows us to draw curved sections and complex shapes.
- Easy to Install and Maintain – Depending on the size of the acrylic wall and access space acrylic walls are easy for our pool professionals to install. By having a smooth surface, dirt does not embed. If the surface has damages, it is easy to repair by polishing the acrylic.
- Resistant – Acrylic is resistant to weather conditions, chemicals, pool chemicals, and salt. Also, it is UV resistant.
Get your backyard ready for summer with an oasis from Platinum Pools. Our team of designers can help you in getting the pool of your dreams, including an acrylic wall. Call us at 281.870.1600 or visit our offices in Houston, Beaumont or Victoria.