Many homeowners look forward to the warmer weather. But now is a good time, to plan possible swimming pool remodeling or repairs in your backyard. These renovations should be done prior to the warmer weather arriving, allowing you to enjoy your newly renovated pool during the summer. With that in mind, when is the best time to renovate your pool?
Best Time to Renovate Your Pool
- It all varies, but in our experience, building or renovating a pool during the fall, winter and spring seasons has many advantages. Even early spring is a better time than doing it in the middle of summer. Let us explain:
- Less Use of the Swimming Pool – An outdoor swimming pool is not heavily in use during the fall, winter and spring seasons compared to during the summer time (unless you have an indoor pool).
- Planning Ahead – Depending on the type of remodeling you want for your oasis, consider planning ahead so you don’t have to leave it all to the last minute.
- Rain – In most cases, the fall and winter season doesn’t bring that much rain. However, keep in mind that any rainy days will push back the time for your project to be completed, it is important that most work happens on clear sunny days.
- Faster and Smoother Renovation –Many renovations will require equipment replacement as well. During the fall, winter and spring, the process is faster and without delays due to weather.
- Have it ready for summer – You want to be able to use your oasis as soon as the temperature goes up. Consider having your swimming pool renovated or repaired well before the summer arrives. Letting the option of renovation or repairs slide for a long time can be damaging to your swimming pool, so, sooner is always better than later.
- Landscaping – While your swimming pool gets repaired, look for fixing your garden and areas surrounding your oasis. You can always call a landscaping company to do it for you or check the Farmer’s Almanac for information on the best time for planting.
Pool Remodeling Options
In many cases, a comprehensive renovation helps to get your pool up to date. Sometimes some small changes to different elements of your pool are enough. These are the most common remodeling options:
- Resurfacing – This is often the most important for one reason…possible leakage. If you see a crack in your swimming pool, wet spots near the oasis, tiles are falling off or any significant water loss, it’s time for a repair. Don’t wait too long to get your pool repaired or it can get even worse.
- Tile & Coping Replacement and Repair – Just like resurfacing; if there is cracked tile or coping, call a pool construction company like Platinum Pools to repair and replace the damaged product, you can even apply waterproofing agents where needed.
- Decking– Replacing or Extending – If the decking is outdated or you just need more entertaining space around the swimming pool, adding new materials for the pool deck will give the perfect update to your outdoor family room.
- Adding Fire Features – these features are trending throughout the USA. Not only will it make the backyard more impressive, but also gives a reason to extend the use of this part of your home. Whether it is a fire bowl or a fire pit, adding these features are sure to make your backyard pop.
- Adding Water Features – if you are looking to make your outdoor area more tranquil, then water features come in handy. You can choose from gushers and scuppers to waterfall and grottos to make the experience more relaxing and attractive.
- Energy Efficient Equipment and Automation – if you are looking to save money with your swimming pool, change the regular lights in your pool for LED lights. They not only save money on electric consumption but are also manageable with a remote control. Of course, you can have your lights in any color you like.
Renovations Bottom Line
The best time to start renovating your swimming pool is typically between October and April. These months are perfect to get your oasis up to date and ready before summer arrives.
Are you ready to revamp your backyard oasis? Our team of experts is ready to guide you through the swimming pool remodeling process. Call us at 281.870.1600 (Houston), 409.898.4995 (Beaumont), or 361.576.0183 (Victoria).