For all our DIY customers, you may already know the importance of cleaning your filter cartridge at least every six months. Cleaning your pool filter is not only important but is easy to do.
To clean your cartridge filter, you will need:
- 9 /16th deep socket wrench
- Garden hose
Filter Cleaning Procedure:
- Shut the equipment off.
- Open the drain plug at the bottom of the filter tank. (Remember, the water will come out fast so, take a step back).
- Open the air relief valve at the top of the tank; this will help the water come out more quickly from the filter.
- After draining the water out, proceed to remove the band and the lid. To do this, use your 9/16 deep socket and remove the nut from the bolt around the filter tank.
- Take off the filter manifold from the top of the filters and remove the filters.
- Use the hose to clean the filters. It works best to hose off the filters working from the top to the bottom of each filter.
- Rinse the inside of the tank, underneath the tank band, pressure gasket and the manifold.
- Make sure that the tank is free of any debris like sand, little rocks or pebbles in the filter tank. Otherwise, water may leak when you put the filter back together.
Putting Your Filter Back Together:
- Close the drain plug at the bottom of the filter tank.
- Place the band back in its place. Ensure that the lid fits in.
- Place the filter cartridges on the cups located at the bottom of the tank. This will help keep the filters standing up.
- Re-install the manifold and make sure that the O-ring is properly set in place.
- Place the tank lid, and make sure that no debris is on the inside rim. Since the cover has a dial, ensure that it faces towards the upper connecting tube.
- Install the band to secure the lid.
- While placing the nut and bolt:
- Take the bolt’s vertical side and glide it inside the filter tank band. Then, take the other end of the bolt and place it in.
- Take the nut and screw it back to the bolt, ensuring to close it tightly using the 9/16 deep socket, ensuring that the clamp is 1/16” gap from each side of the ring.
- Open the air relief valve. This will allow for the air to come out while the water fills the filter.
- Once the water escapes from the top, close the air relief
- Turn the equipment on.
We hope that these tips will help you make the cleaning easier. And remember, Platinum Pools has a team of experts that can advise you anything pool-related. Call us at 281.870.1600 (Houston), 409.898.4995 (Beaumont), or 361.576.0813 (Victoria). You can also visit our website for a free quote.