One of the perks of living in Texas is the ability to enjoy year-round swimming pool fun, thanks to the year-round sun and the warmth that the Gulf Coast provides. Naturally, the early spring to mid-summer is often the busy season for inground pool builders as scores of people make a move to enjoy the sun and the joy of owning a swimming pool in one’s own backyard.
Of course, herein lies the problem – we often get inspired as we see things coming up over the horizon. The prospect of getting the pool designed, making sure the landscaping needs are met, having the proper permits organized and ready to go – these often-overlooked needs are as important as the look and layout of your ideal end-result, meaning that in order to manage the needs of construction and installation, the right amount of time and focus on your personal needs should be accommodated. While everyone’s timelines and needs are different, let’s go over some of the finer points regarding the best time for you to begin work on your dream pool.
Springtime Pool Construction Is Nice, Says Everyone
As the temperatures rise, the idea of having a personal swimming pool begins to heat up in households across America. Depending on where you live, this could be as early as March or April, and for many of us living on the Gulf Coast, warm-weather living is a year-round lifestyle. For many prospective pool owners, the beginning of warmer weather serves as a catalyst for big planning for one’s backyard ambitions, and this isn’t an uncommon event. By making a move as demand for installation increases, the necessary time that you and your family can sit down and discuss the necessary details can often be rushed or not clarified, and specific details that you’d want to explain to your pool builder can also be forgotten. Typical details often consist of:
• Determining dimensions of your back yard and potential obstacles ranging from decorations to home gardens
• Choosing the right decorative add-ons, such as pool caves and waterfall slides
• Questioning how the surfaces should look that surround your pool. Choosing the right decking material that can accommodate your needs.
• Spa planning. How will this fit in with a swimming pool design? How do you envision it appearing?
• How else do you imagine poolside parties and social gatherings tying in with your pool?
Of course, there’s the benefit of having a newly-constructed pool ready just in time for the peak summer months, which merges the feel of the cool water with the hottest time of the year, and for many, this is the best option. Ask anyone who owns an inground pool and you’ll likely hear about the amazing benefit that having a pool ready for the spring months and early summer brings.
The Benefit of Off-Season Pool Construction is Time
In a perfect world, everything goes according to plan. The permits come in on time, the entry points to your backyard are opened without a hitch, and the weather is perfect from the first hole dug to the final touches made on your dream pool. A perfect world means knowing what you want, the moment you want it, and all decisions are made right the first time.
But that’s in a perfect world. And in some ways, having a pool constructed when the summer months are in the rear-view mirror can serve as a great substitute for the fictitious “perfect world” scenario because of the time that it gives you and your family to become acquainted with your new pool. Granted, nobody wants to use a swimming pool in the winter months, but when a pool and hot tub are combined, utilization of one’s luxurious amenities can be a year-round event.
Winter & Fall Pool Construction Means Getting Better Acquainted
Imagine that it’s September and the fall months are in full swing. Outside of the obvious added benefit of having a swimming pool serve as your family’s upcoming Christmas or holiday season gift, there are major perks in having the work done after August:
• You have eight months to learn your pool’s needs. By having a system running over time and understanding the intricacies that come in your owner’s manual, being able to masterfully create the perfect environment once Easter and the end of the school year come into view.
• You have time to fully decorate your outdoor living spaces. Having a pool built takes a toll on your green spaces, and by having the beginning of the winter thaw to plan your garden and idealized style for patio furniture and accessories, there is no rush on the big ideas you’ve likely been thinking about during the construction timeframe. By the time your first pool party rolls around, your paradise will have been found.
• You benefit by having work done when the rush has ended. While Platinum Pools prides itself on the year-round sales, service, and superior end-results befitting of National Top 50 Pool Builder status, we love it when a great plan can be realized by not just our experienced pool designers, but by the inspiration that comes from homeowners who take the time and identify the needs that will give them the pool of their dreams.
By opting to begin work after the summer, the added stresses of worrying about whether or not a pool can be built in time for Labor Day are gone and in its place is the assurance that you have the time and the experienced professionals that can make every discerning need exceedingly taken care of.
The Best Time for a New Luxury Pool is the Best Time for You
Inspiration for future pool plans comes to us all at different times. While there are benefits to building a new swimming pool or spa in your backyard during the colder months, there are also tangible benefits to having a new pool ready for the dog days of summer. The folks at Platinum Pools know that often, what works for most may not work for you. Fortunately, we aim to please with year-round service that fits your schedule. Contact us and let’s make plans for your first pool party, today!