Now is the perfect time to get your swimming pool and your backyard ready and in optimal conditions. Houstonians like to use the swimming pool regardless of the seasons. However, there is an increase in pool usage in the summertime. Everyone wants to escape the Texas heat, but without the proper care, your pool may not be ready for the summer.
A Pool Fine Tuning
It is essential to check for cracks in the pool’s inlay and the pool deck. If there is any, ensure to call a professional immediately. Is your oasis over ten years old? then it may be time to get your pool ready for a pool update. If there are no cracks, then continue the cleaning process.
The Three C’s of a Clean Swimming Pool
Everyone who owns a pool, or is looking to get one, knows that it is essential to keep the pool water clean and safe for family and friends. To make pool maintenance easier, make a list, and have it in three segments: circulation, cleaning, and chemicals.
It is essential to do the following steps to keep the water clean and to flow properly:
- Empty the baskets in the skimmer and keep pumps clear of all debris
- Place the return jets into an angle mode, placing them slightly down and into the same direction that will help the water spin around the pool; and will help to push the debris up to the surface so the skimmers can grab it.
- Let the pump run for 8 to 12 hours per day. If you live in an area that is warm most of the year, let it run for a longer time.
- Make sure the pressure is between 10 to 20 psi. Remember that if it goes down, then you must check your pump.
Cleaning a swimming pool is not just about the water, but also the walls and tiles. Here are some easy steps to follow to remove and avoid algae to pool walls:
- Skim every day; it will stop the debris from sinking to the bottom, leaving less to vacuum, and preventing stains.
- Brush twice a week; brush everywhere in your pool, and it will prevent algae from growing.
- Get an automatic swimming pool cleaner, the easiest way to vacuum, and you do not have to do it. There are many of them out on the market that you can choose based on your needs.
The chemicals in the water keep it clear and help to avoid any algae formation and to avoid spread other bacteria. It is essential to have a water test kit or strips in hand. What are the chemicals?
- Acid – the measurement is pH; the level must be between 7.4 and 7.6
- Alkaline – is a stabilizer that helps the pH level from changing drastically
- Calcium – calcium hardness prevents corrosion of equipment
Acid, alkaline, and calcium are chemicals that preserve the water, but to do the job, it needs a balance of all three ingredients. Experts recommend the following:
- Test the water every week and make sure that it balances out to 7.5. You can use a water test kit or strips
Properly maintaining a pool will help extend the life of the components of an oasis. Helping to decrease the chance that the pool will need any major repairs and be ready for fun. It will help a homeowner reduce expenses and enjoy a properly functional pool every year. On the other hand, many prefer a professional company to do the maintenance. At Platinum Pools, we provide support such as:
- Pool Filtering Cleaning Services – it is crucial to clean the filters every six months. Our maintenance staff can clean DE filters, cartridge filters, and sand filters.
- Equipment Repair Work – we will inspect and repair any of the following equipment: pumps, filters, heaters, chillers, controllers, timers, and robotic cleaners.
- Equipment Upgrade – if you need to have Energy-Efficient equipment or electronic controllers, we can switch out your old equipment for new, more efficient pool equipment for you.
- Cleaner and Heater Tune-Ups – pool cleaners and heaters, just like a home’s HVAC system, need to have tune-ups from time to time to make sure they are running efficiently and accurately.
- Draining and Acid Wash – cleaning a swimming pool is not just about the water, it is also pool walls and tiles. If your pool is showing signs of algae or calcium stuck to your pool walls, you may need to drain, and acid wash your pool. Our pool draining and acid wash will leave your pool looking like new.
Platinum Pools is more than just building the pool of your dreams, but to preserve your backyard dreams working correctly. And now, we continue providing maintenance services while following CDC regulations during the Quarantine. Call us at 281-870-1600 or visit our website for a free quote.