Sounds quirky, but a Christmas themed pool party may be the coolest thing you do all summer. In fact, with an indoor pool, this party could be enjoyed anytime of year. Besides, it’s always fun to have a reason to pull your Christmas decorations out of storage and decorate!
• The key to this party is light finger food for your guests to munch on while they swim, talk, and enjoy your party.
• Try making bite-sized sandwiches with traditional Christmas ingredients. A spiral-ham sandwich with mustard and a side of potatoes or some type of salad are great ways to bring the taste of Christmas to your party, without the large meal.
• Drinks like sodas, mocktails, and even cocktails are a great idea for this party as well. Remember though, keep it light!
• Tell your guests ahead of time that this will be a Christmas themed party, but tell them they don’t have to dress up to attend. Instead, greet each of them with a Santa hat, reindeer headband, or an elf’s hat.
• Have songs like “Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree” and some Motown Christmas music playing in the background. These are Christmas-y, but still help guests enjoy the feel of the pool atmosphere.
• Wind Christmas lights around your fence, porch, and/or any poles you can find.
• A little bit of fake snow and a wreath can serve as the perfect centerpiece.
Games and Activities
• Pin-the-tail on the Reindeer, anyone?
• Try other fun pool games!
• Encourage guests to bring a gift for an underprivileged child and donate to a local shelter or children’s program. Just because it isn’t technically Christmas doesn’t mean that there aren’t people in need who would appreciate the spirit of giving.
• Have the kids write out their lists to Santa a little early this year!
• Have each guest go around and tell his/her favorite Christmas memory.