Summertime is the perfect time to visit the tropical islands of Hawaii all from the comfort of your own back yard. Your friends will love relaxing in your pool during your Hawaiian Luau Party! This can be as themed or simple as you would like. Try some of these ideas to bring the islands to you and your friends.
This is where you can have the most fun with you Luau!
• Let your guests know in advance this is a luau and a Hawaiian shirt or suit is required.
• As your guests come arrive, greet them saying “Aloha” and place a flower lei over their heads.
• Candles and tiki lights are an absolute must! Consider using Citronella candles to keep bugs at bay.
• Use island themed paper plates, napkins, and cups with the food you serve.
• If you’re up for it, wear a grass skirt over your suit. Have a few extras around for your guests.
• Don’t forget the music! Try finding Hawaiian or surfing music. Can’t think of anything? Look for playlists here.
• Consider serving drinks in hollowed out coconut shells. You can use the real ones or buy plastic ones.
• Tropical drinks are a must! Try incorporating a bottle of Hawaiian Punch and a bottle of your favorite lemon-lime soda and you have Hawaiian Party Punch.
• Be creative with grown-up drinks. Offer guests pina coladas and mai tais. Be careful to monitor your guests alcohol consumption while they’re around the water.
• Traditionally, pineapple, pork, seafood, and long-grain rice are popular in Hawaii. Try to incorporate these in your menu to bring the island taste home!
• Try modifying games you’d already play. Try “Pin the Tail on the Pig” and “Spear Throwing” (using your regular darts and dartboard.)
• Play limbo! Have each guest take a turn and lower the limbo stick each time someone passes under. Have a Hawaiian surprise set aside for the winner