Chicken is one of the most versatile meats. You can fry it, roast it, and even after it’s been cooked and is cold, it goes great in a salad.
There are many variations of the chicken salad. Some people make it with ranch dressing while others place it on a lettuce leaf. Others, make it with cucumber, almonds, and cranberries. No matter how you do it, the choices endless and it’s up to you.
We can’t forget another meat that is popular these days; bacon. Imagine if you mix bacon and chicken? How about mixing both in a chicken salad? The taste would be out of this world! So today we present our Chicken Salad Dip recipe. Once you make this Chicken Salad Dip and taste it, you will never want to go back to other salads. This chicken salad goes well with Italian melba toast or to make party sandwiches for your next pool party.
Chicken Salad Dip Ingredients:
- 2 12.5 Oz. Cans of Chicken Breast
- ¾ cup of bacon bits
- ½ of Vidalia Onion (pureed)
- 3 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¾ cup of fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Take the ½ Vidalia Onion, chop into pieces and place it in a food processor with 2 teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil. Press the button to finish chopping the onion until it turns into a purée. Place it in a large bowl.
- Chop the cilantro until minced and add it to the bowl.
- Add the mayonnaise and the olive oil. Whisk the ingredients until they fuse together.
- Open the 2 cans of chicken breast, drain the water and mash.
- Add the chicken and the bacon bits to the bowl.
- Mix it well.
- Place the salad in the refrigerator for an hour to cool before serving.
Try it out and let us know your experience. Leave your comments below or visit our page on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/PlatinumPools/.