Do you remember how your mom makes her meatloaf? This classic dish has many versions, including filling the meatloaf with minced ham, onions, and peppers, while others may even put boiled eggs in their meatloaf. Yes! Meatloaf is a very versatile dish. So, why not hamburgers?
Stuffed hamburgers are nothing new. For years, some Moms across the country have made waves inventing a new dish and turned it into a family tradition. Even celebrity Trisha Yearwood presented her own version of stuffed hamburgers using a cube of cheese to stuff in her hamburgers on her cooking show. Hamburgers are so versatile you can stuff them with whatever you like and they go great with any pool party.
Today, we present our version of stuffed hamburgers with Spanish Chorizo and cheese.
Spanish Chorizo and Cheese Stuffed Hamburgers
- 4 lbs. of ground beef (sirloin is the best for this dish)
- 1 bar of white cheddar cheese
- 5.5 oz. of Spanish Chorizo (minced)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mince the Spanish Chorizo in a food processor.
- In a saucepan, sauté the Chorizo over medium heat. (Chorizo is very greasy, so you don’t need to add oil).
- After cooking the Chorizo, drain the excess oil and set aside. Let it cool off a bit.
- Take the cheese and cut it into tiny cubes; set aside
- Place the ground sirloin beef in a bowl and season it with salt and pepper. Then, make 1.5” size balls. When you finish, you are ready to stuff the burgers
How to stuff the hamburgers:
- Take one ground beef ball and flatten it. Ensure to make a dent in the center
- Take one tablespoon of chorizo with one cube of cheese
- Take another ground beef ball, flatten it and place it on top, covering the mixture. The stuffed patty must be sealed all around.
Now you are ready to cook the burger on your barbecue grill or on a pan. Cook the hamburger to your preferred wellness. The best thing is that the cheese will melt, and the chorizo is already cooked, so you can cook your hamburger the way you like most.
Try it out and let us know your experience. Leave your comments below or visit our page on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/PlatinumPools/.