The month of costumes and Halloween has arrived. As kids and adults are planning their costumes, we cannot forget that the temperatures begin to lower a bit now that we are entering Fall. The craving for something warm and delicious is always on everybody’s mind.
Today we present an out-of-the-ordinary recipe that both kids and adults will love and can enjoy as a complete meal; Cream of Pumpkin Soup. It is a very straightforward and easy recipe to make. Anyone with minimal experience in the kitchen can make it.
A significant advantage of this soup is that you can prepare large quantities and store it up to 5 days. We present to you the Cream of Pumpkin Soup.
Cream of Pumpkin Soup
- 1 liter of vegetable broth (or chicken broth)
- 1 medium onion
- Half green pepper
- One medium stalk of celery
- Some fresh coriander leaves
- 500 grams of pumpkin
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Cut the pumpkin into 2 centimeters pieces. Make sure to remove the seeds and thick skin that covers the pumpkin.
- Chop the onion and pepper into three or four large pieces.
- Cut the celery into large chunks.
- In a large pot gather the squash, onion, pepper and the broth of your choice. Put on high heat to boil until the pumpkin is soft. Add the coriander and celery, cook 5 minutes more adding a pinch of salt and pepper to taste.
- Put all the ingredients and the liquid in a blender, mix well until you make a creamy mixture without any lumps.
- Once liquefied, you can put the cream again in the pot over low heat to keep it warm until the moment of serving.
- You can serve it with a bit of butter added to it or toss some good grated Parmesan cheese on top.
You can complete the meal with a side salad and a piece of sourdough bread.
Leave your comments and let us know your cooking experience. You can also visit our Facebook page to leave comments and post photos of your favorite outdoor dishes.